The principle aim of this list is to provide a discussion forum for parents/caregivers of children with Autism, HF Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, Non-Verbal Learning Disability, PDD-NOS, Rhett’s Disorder & AD(H)D. Our message is one of HOPE for improvement and recovery and the understanding that Autism IS Treatable! We are currently serving parents in Central PA, but all PA families can participate here.
Here are topics that we can discuss:
• Therapy: ST, OT including sensory integration diets, PT, AIT, behavioral modification, music therapy, vision therapy, social skills training etc.
• Early Intervention: Birth to 3 and IU services ages 3-5
• Advocacy Training: including IFSP/IEP's, DPW/ACCESS assistance, transitions and parenting help.
• Biomedical Topics: dietary and nutritional protocols (GF/CF, SCD, Low Oxalate, rotation/elimination diets), enzymes, vitamins & supplements, detoxification, HBOT. It can also include immunology, endocrinology, gastrointestinal issues, allergies, metabolic and mitochondrial issues, genetics, exposure to neurotoxins, possible vaccine injury, pharmaceutical and nutraceutical interventions. Also protocols such as DAN! (Defeat Autism Now!), Amy Yasko, Andy Cutler, Methyl B12/Valtrex etc.
• Helping Hand Program: providing grants to families to defray the cost of unreimbursed treatment expenses.
• Meeting times for parent/caregiver support group and various workshops.
• Fundraising brainstorming
No forwarding postings from this group without permission from the author.
INFORMATION GATHERED ON THIS LIST IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO OBTAIN ANY TREATMENT ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED TRAINED PROFESSIONAL IN THE AREA OF QUESTION.
NAA-PA is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization.